Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Painting Knives & Lupines

If you haven't gotten enough of lupines, now's the time. The lupines are at their fullest with only a short time to go. In continuing my adventure with the painting knife, I decided to try my hand at painting them. Trying to get the shape of the lupines is a little tricky. You have to go at them with a fully-loaded knife and just lay the paint on ever so delicately.

"June Lupines"
8x10, oil, en plein air
SOLD


By the way, I forgot to mention that I'm trying out a new paint - Gamblin's "Radiant Blue," one of his Radiant paints. It's almost like white with a touch of Ultramarine Blue added, just perfect for skies and water. Yesterday I used it "straight" with "Head Harbour Colors", but today I had to add a touch of Phthalo Blue to warm it up for the hazy sky.