Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, July 28, 2008

2008 Eastern Regional OPA Show

Although this isn't about plein air painting, it's a piece of good news. I've just received word that I've had a painting juried into the 2008 Eastern Regional Oil Painters of America Exhibition. Here's the painting, which is a studio piece:

"Low Tide, Friar's Bay"
16x20, oil/canvas

I did this in the studio over the winter, using photos and sketches. I thought you might enjoy seeing two of the compositional sketches, which include a design I didn't use:

And also a thumbnail color sketch, which is about 3"x3", in which I worked out my color scheme. I did it in pastel.

It's an honor to get into any OPA show, whether regional or national. Competition is stiff!