Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Book Update - Layout Done!

Finally, the day has arrived! I've completed the design/layout for my new book, Backpacker Painting: Outdoors in Oil & Pastel. The proof copy is on the way.

So what's next? Once I've received the proof and have signed off on it, I'll make the book available to the world. I'm heading out to Sedona in a couple of days for the Sedona Plein Air Festival, but when I get back, I expect the proof to be in my mailbox. It shouldn't take long to review it. You should look for an e-mail or blog post from me in early November announcing the book's release.

In the meantime, here's the final cover. You can click on the image to see a larger version.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience! The book has been a long time coming. Trust me -- it'll have been worth the wait.

This will probably be my last post until I'm in Sedona. I'll make sure to post frequently so you can see what the other 29 award-winning artists do. Some of the luminaries I'll be rubbing shoulders with include Betty Carr, Coleen Howe, Frank Lalumia, Tom Lynch, Clark Mitchell, Niles Nordquist and William Wray. Stay tuned!