Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Packing Up, Heading Out

Today is our last day in Sedona for the winter. We spent yesterday packing up, and now we're in the final search for items that tend to be forgotten. (Where did that library book get to?) We'll head out early tomorrow.

I made one last painting last night of Doe Mesa. I've painted it several times this winter, and I wanted to say goodbye to it. I've enjoyed the sunset on its cliffs every night.



"Farewell to Doe Mesa"5x7, pastel

Until early May, when we will arrive in Old Forge, New York, to teach a pastel-only workshop in conjunction with my judging of the National Northeast Pastel Exhibition, I doubt I'll do much painting. The impact of this is a possibly scarcity of blog posts. Rest assured, you'll hear from me again. If I don't paint, I plan to take in some good scenery and shoot some photos for reference. Our trip includes Cloudcroft and Taos, New Mexico, to hike and see galleries; Chicago and Cleveland to visit relatives and friends; then Old Forge for the workshop and show judging; and finally, Vermont and then Campobello.

Till then - happy trails!