Sunday, November 28, 2010

Picking a Subject - New Video

I've finished a new mini-video in my Plein Air Essentials series. This one is called "Picking a Subject." I've had lots of students in my plein air painting workshops over the years who pick subjects that just don't work. This 6 1/2 minute video is designed to show you what guidelines I follow when looking for a suitable plein air subject.

The video, which features some of Sedona's fabulous Red Rock country, is only $1.49 and is available through Lulu.com at my store, http://stores.lulu.com/miragenm.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Plein Air Essentials series and about this one in particular.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Michael,

I ordered several of these, and, as I would have expected, the quality is excellent. I just watched this one, and look forward to going through the others. I only wish they were longer! But the information provided is succinct, usable, and easily understandable with your explanations and photos.
I didn't have any issues downloading from Lulu.. just clicked download, and then opened up the file and watched.

Michael Chesley Johnson said...

I'm glad it worked out for you, Deb. And thanks for the kind words!