Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Plein Air Acadia National Park, Maine

I'm about to head out to teach a workshop in Acadia National Park for the Acadia Workshop Center.  I was looking back this morning, trying to remember how many times I've taught there.  All except for one year, I've taught every year since 2004!  That's seven workshops, counting this year.  Wow.

I'm lucky enough to be able to alternate between early summer and fall.  Each season has its own beauty, and I like them both.  This summer, I'm looking forward to lupines blooming and the quiet time before the tourism season begins.  Next year, I'll be teaching in the fall, and we'll have some pretty foliage around the lakes.  Over the years, I've come up with many excellent spots to paint, and I'm looking forward to sharing these with this year's crop of students.

I pulled out a bunch of photos of the Acadia workshop from over the years.  Here they are.  I'll post a post-workshop post when I get back.