Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Help Me Pick a Painting

Update: We have a winner!  The painting that received the most votes is the one at the top, "Cottonwood Shadows."  Thank you, everyone, for your votes and kind comments!

Second Update:  All the paintings are up for auction, and you can bid on mine here.
---

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I am involved with the Verde River Artist Challenge.  Just as a refresher, this traveling show is designed to raise awareness about - and funds for - a unique riparian environment.  For the Challenge, I am donating a framed 9x12 oil painting.  The trouble is, I have three to pick from!  I need your help in choosing just one.  Which one of the paintings below would you like to see in the exhibit?

Make sure you click on each image to see it larger.  Then, please vote in the poll to the right.  (If you're receiving this via e-mail, you will need to go to the actual blog post on the web.)   And thank you!  I will close the poll Friday morning.

1 - Cottonwood Shadows, 9x12 oil

2 - Quiet Bend, 9x12 oil

3 - Lingering Rapids, 9x12 oil

17 comments:

Linda Warner Constantino said...

I like all of them for different reasons. The first one for color, the second one for composition and the third for technique. Tough call. I think I like the second one for the beauty of the water.

Michael Chesley Johnson said...

Thank you, Linda!

NATURE GALLERY said...

Sorry Michael I was there and can't pick one from the other, guess you will just have to donate them all. LOL Wendy H

Michele said...

The first one stands out. Think it's the beautiful reds plus the shadows.

Judy P. said...

I voted for the first one, but you can't go wrong on any of them, lovely work.

Scott Ruthven said...

Good luck with the show! They are all nice paintings for sure.

Anonymous said...

2nd one is gawjus ...best comp' ...

Street Portraitist said...

I voted 1 :) I think the colours, subject and shadows make for a lot impact.

Susan Williamson said...

They are all wonderful pieces! I also love the frames. Can you tell me where to purchase them?

Michael Chesley Johnson said...

Thanks, everyone! Susan - I can't remember where I got them, but it may have been Classic Gallery Framing in BC.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I vote for the third one ... Lingering Rapids. I love the movement in this one. Great job!

Loretta said...

Hi Michael,
I like them all. The tree caught my eye even though I'm partial to number 2. Number 1 might get people to walk across the room for a closer look. 1 or 2......or 3 because I liked your story about canoes and kyacks getting caught with the canoists parting from their vessels in a most unplanned fashion. The story would need to accompany the painting....yes??? I'm going with 2. Hope that helps. :o) I know fickle.

Terry d. Chacon said...

I like all of them. The 3rd one maybe just a tad more because of the depth. You cannot go wrong regardless.

Steve Estes said...

All 3 do it for me!! Great work! Thank you for being a part in this!!

Daily Paintings said...

Tough pick!

Virginia Belser said...

hi Michael-
gosh- I love them all.... But I think the third one will command the highest bid... there is so much depth to it and I get such a sense of the rocks protruding our of the water.

simply lovely.

Meredith Adler said...

I am too late to vote, but that is okay...they are all winners to me!