Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, June 20, 2014

Montague Paint It Beautiful - Plein Air Festival



Since I've worked so hard on the painting phase of my Kickstarter project, I'm going on a deserved holiday - but it's a sort of "busman's holiday."  I'll be painting!  Next week, I'm going to Prince Edward Island for the Montague "Paint It Beautiful" plein air festival as an invited guest.  I'm really looking forward to this, as I've always wanted to visit and paint in PEI but just haven't had the chance.

There's a full schedule of events for this festival, which runs June 24-29.  Besides the six paintouts, each at a different location, I'll be giving an oil painting demonstration at 10:30 on Tuesday morning.  There's also a lobster dinner on Friday evening and a public "quick draw" on Saturday that will end in a charity benefit auction and concert.  The awards, which are substantial, will also be given out Saturday evening.

For a full schedule of events, visit either the Facebook page or the website:
https://www.facebook.com/montaguepleinairfestival/info
http://www.montaguepleinairfestival.com/

I'll be staying at the Riverhouse Inn, where the exhibition will be located, and if my wi-fi access is good enough, I'll try to blog daily on the event.

Stay tuned!
(Both photos from the Montauge Plein Air Festival website)