Nine professional artists around the Passamaquoddy Bay area will open their studios to the public Saturday, August 23, from 9-4 local time. Artists will give demonstrations or informal, educational talks as well as offer the opportunity to purchase works. For full details including directions to the artists' studios, visit the website www.QuoddyArtists.com.
Artist Michael Chesley Johnson, who started the original "Two Countries, One Bay" studio tour, which ran successfully for several years, says he wanted to bring back the tour with a focus on working artists with studios. "Over time, the tour began to lose the educational focus. Art is vital to the survival of our culture, and so many people today have lost this understanding. In this new, revitalized tour, professionals whose focus is art will share their love and knowledge with visitors."
Participating artists are:
- Fred Hartman, Drawings, Watercolors, Whiting
- Bonnie Beard, Painter, Lubec
- Shanna Wheelock, Potter and Fiber Artist, Lubec
- Trina Stephenson, Fabric and Digital Designs, Lubec
- Sheryl Denbo, Assemblages, Multi-Dimensional Structures, Mixed Media, Lubec
- Joyce Morrell, Painter, Campobello Island
- Michael Chesley Johnson, Painter, Campobello Island
- Roland LaVallee, Woodcarver, Eastport
- Lisa Marquis Bradbury, Painter, Eastport
Visit the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/quoddyartists) where updates about the event will be posted.