Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, July 27, 2015

Upcoming Plein Air Painting Workshop at Acadia Workshop Center


Each year in early October, I look forward to spending time on Mount Desert Island, home to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.  Fall is a beautiful time to visit that area, and it's a great time to be painting there, too!  Nature puts on her prettiest colors then.

Just about every year since 2004, I've taught a plein air painting workshop for the Acadia Workshop Center in Bernard, on Mount Desert Island's "quiet side."  I've been painting and teaching in the area long enough that I've found many special spots.  I'd like the share these with you.

This year, I'll be teaching October 6-9.  Cost of the workshop is only $595 for the four full days.  Although my maximum number of students is 12, we usually have just a few.  This makes for a more intimate and personal experience.  For the workshop, I'll demonstrate each day in oil or pastel how I paint coastal features such as fishing boats, rocky beaches and beautiful, storm-blasted trees.  In addition to my daily lectures on plein air painting, you'll have plenty of time to paint.  I'll go from easel to easel offering help and then the next morning we'll critique what we painted the day before.

For details and to sign up for this workshop opportunity, please visit http://www.acadiaworkshopcenter.com/MCJohnson.html

(UPDATE:  A reader has reminded me that spouses, significant others and friends would also enjoy the area as there are many hiking and photography opportunities!  So don't come alone!)

Here are some photos from previous workshop years to whet your appetite.  I hope you will join us this year.