Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Paint Some of the Southwest's Most Dramatic Scenery

Fall in Sedona

Plein Air Painting along Oak Creek Near Sedona
Quick Link to this Exciting Program! www.PaintSedona.com

Every year about this time, people start asking about – and signing up for – my Paint Sedona plein air painting workshops. Why? Because I take my students to paint some of the Southwest's most dramatic scenery. Think spires and chimneys of red rock, tall cottonwoods and sycamores, lush creeks and canyons, plus generally excellent painting weather. What's more, my workshops are small (typically no more than 4 students) and since we work from 9-1, students have afternoons free to paint more on their own or, if they come with friends or family, to go exploring. Your time in Sedona can be treated either as an intense period of learning or as a holiday in which study is balanced with recreational activities. (I always encourage students to come early or stay late so they can take advantage of the area's many national parks and monuments.)

Painting the Mexican-style villa at Tlaquepaque
 
Since my Paint Sedona program runs for several months (late October through early April), I offer a variety of workshop types. I schedule workshops for all levels of painter, plus weeks for intermediate to advanced painters. I also offer mentoring and special topic weeks. This year, I offer "Exploring the Verde Valley" and "Advanced Color" in addition to my more basic weeks. I will also customize a week to suit you if you can get a total of four students. For example, if you belong to a pastel painting group, you might have some of your group come out for a "pastel only" week. 

Sunny Cliffs 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson

The cost is very reasonable. It's only $300 for the four days (Tuesday through Friday.) Plus, I always include a day of visiting my studio where you can tour my private working space and also enjoy painting along Oak Creek and Spring Creek, which are virtually in my back yard.

For details on the Paint Sedona program, please visit www.PaintSedona.com. I hope you'll join us!

Mitten Ridge Reds 12x16 oil/canvas by Michael Chesley Johnson

Hues of Spring 9x12 pastel by Michael Chesley Johnson
Spring Comes to Arizona 12x12 oil by MIchael Chesley Johnson