Friday, January 1, 2016

Seeking Painting Workshop Venues July and August 2016



Usually, I reserve all summer for my workshops on Campobello Island, New Brunswick, and in Lubec, Maine.  This summer, however, I'm opening up my schedule to teach workshops anywhere in the U.S.during July and August, 2016.  (I'm especially interested in New England--Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire--but will go anywhere.) If you are part of a painting group or art organization that would like to have me travel to your location, let's talk!

Here are some details to get you started.  The workshop can be:

  • Pastel-only, oil-only, or both
  • Plein air, studio or a combined plein air-to-studio format
  • Or customized to cover a specific topic

As for costs:

  • I charge $75/day per student
  • You pay my travel expenses
  • You provide lodging, which can be a hotel or B&B or with a student
  • You provide workshop space suitable for the number of students
  • If the workshop is plein air, I'll need a guide to suitable plein air locations

I offer one complimentary workshop either to the workshop coordinator (you!) or to the person providing lodging.

Length of the workshop can be anywhere from 2 to 5 days.  I'd prefer a longer workshop if I have to travel some distance.  The minimum number of students is determined by how far I have to go and how many days the workshop is.  It's best if you contact me and we can discuss this.  You can reach me via e-mail at mcj.painter@gmail.com and visit my current workshop listings at http://www.michaelchesleyjohnson.com/html/workshops.htm

Now that the New Year is here, let's make a resolution to get out and paint!  I've included a few photos here from previous workshops.











No comments: