Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Scotland Painting Retreat Wrap-Up: Visit to Lunenburg, Nova Scotia


On the way back from Scotland and after flying into Halifax, I had a chance to explore Lunenburg and Nova Scotia's South Shore. This area has always been touted as a painter's paradise, so I was eager to see what the fuss was all about. I spent the night in a little B&B just off the main drag in Lunenburg and walked around the waterfront. The next morning, I made the short drive over to the community of Blue Rocks. Both showed incredible promise for painting—so much so that I've decided to hold a painting retreat in Lunenburg in September 2017. I don't have the exact dates yet, but if you're interested, please let me know at mcj.painter@gmail.com. I'll also be posting updates on my website.

To whet your appetite, here are a few photos of the area, below.

Well, that's a wrap. I'm putting Scotland behind me (until 2018) and jumping into teaching a series of plein air painting workshops in Lubec, Maine. Lubec is a fabulous place to paint! Think historic fishing villages, bold sea cliffs and lighthouses. If this interest you, I still have space left this summer. You can find full details at www.PleinAirPaintingMaine.com. I hope you'll join us.