Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Castine Plein Air Festival - 3


I just delivered my six paintings to the Student Union at the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine.  Above you can see my table.  I'll post photos of the paintings below.  The opening is from 4-6 pm this evening.  If you're in the area, I'd be delighted if you'd come so I can meet you!  It's going to be a big show:  40 painters, 240 paintings.

Just a quick note on the day so far.  After thunder and rain last night, the morning cleared nicely.  I was able to get out and do my selection and framing  en plein air in a shaded spot.  (Plein air isn't limited just to painting; you can frame that way, too.)  I made another painting down by the wharf of the MMA training schooner, Bowdoin.  This painting isn't going into the show, because it's not quite finished yet.

After painting, I had a quick sandwich from the local market and then headed home to finish my paperwork.  Shortly after noon, I delivered my paintings.  Things look good!  I'm looking forward to the 3:30 award announcement.  (I've won in the past here.)

Now the thunder is starting to roll again.  Time for a shower.  More in my next post.

Dyce Head Light 8x10 oil
Lighthouse 6x8 oil
Sultry Morning Schooner (the Bowdoin) 9x12 oil
Evening Roses 9x12 oil
Waiting for Sunset (the Guildive) 9x12 oil
Incoming Weather 12x24 oil