Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Plein Air Painting Workshops in Maine and New Hamphire

West Quoddy Head State Park, Lubec, Maine

Foggy Days are Good, Too!

Last Call for Plein Air Painting Maine

I know I keep plugging my workshops, but I feel that they are the best way to get what I have to offer as a teacher.  Blogs, books and yes, even videos, can only take you so far.  I believe strongly that personal feedback and critiques are the ideal way to make a real jump in your craft.  With that in mind, let me mention that I still have spaces in my two final Plein Air Painting Maine workshops, which are based in the scenic working waterfront town of Lubec.  August 23-26 is an all-level workshop; August 30-September 2 is for intermediate to advanced students.  At this moment, we can also offer lodging.  The workshop alone is $300; the package with lodging is $800.  For details, please visit www.PleinAirPaintingMaine.com.

Bartlett, New Hampshire

On the Saco River
Plein Air Painting in New Hampshire in the Footsteps of the Hudson River Painters

About a month from now, I'll be driving to the White Mountains of New Hampshire to lead a two-day workshop in Bartlett, near North Conway.  I'm really looking forward to this one because the White Mountains are rich with plein air painting history.  Many of the Hudson River School painters, including Thomas Cole and Albert Bierstadt, spent significant time there, honing their skills.  How can we not be inspired, walking and painting in their footsteps?

Everyone, including me, will be staying at the historic Bartlett Inn.  The Inn serves a hearty hot breakfast each morning, and there are many dining options in the area for other meals.  Also, since our painting locations are close to the Inn, we'll maximize our painting time.

I still have spaces in this exciting workshop.  Prices are very reasonable, from $330 to $495 plus tax,  depending on your lodging selection.   Download a brochure here.  For details and to register, please contact Sharon Allen at pleinairgal@gmail.com.

I hope you'll join us for one of these workshops!

Crawford Notch by Thomas Cole
By Daderot (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons