Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Friday, May 26, 2017

Doug Dawson Plein Air Workshop in Sedona October 2017


I feel like I toot my own horn sometimes a little too much here.  So, I'll take this opportunity to talk about an upcoming workshop that isn't mine.  I'm proud to announce that Master Artist Doug Dawson will be teaching a plein air painting workshop October 30-November 3, 2017, in Sedona, Arizona.  As the sponsor of this event, I want to get the word out now, because Doug is a popular teacher, and the workshop will fill quickly.  If you're interested, don't delay!

The workshop will be based at the same studio I've used for my PaintSedona workshops, which also offers lodging ($60/night) and is close to many of our painting spots.  The cost of the workshop is $625 (not including lodging).  To register, contact Doug Dawson directly at 303-421-4584 or dougdawson8@aol.com.  For lodging, contact me, and I'll put you in touch with the studio.

I've known Doug for many years, and I've sponsored several workshops with him.  Doug, who was given the title of Master Pastelist by the Pastel Society of America in 1985 and inducted into the Masters' Circle by the International Association of Pastel Societies in 2005, shares so much during a workshop.  Everyone gets a great deal out of the week, and he often has repeat students coming back for more.

You can find out more about Doug at his website, which is www.DougDawsonArtist.com.  I've included a couple of videos here.  The first (at the top) is an interview with Doug.  The second (below) is a video I put together to advertise a workshop with him in Maine and New Brunswick.  Although it's not Sedona, it'll still give you an idea of the workshop week.