Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Another Private Painting Intensive Week - Wrap-Up

"Early Spring Day" 11x14 Oil/Canvas
Available - $800, unframed

Another week of the Private Plein Air Painting Intensive program ends, this time with a student from California.  Each student gets a completely customized program, and for this week, we focused on a number of issues.  After the end of the session, she said, "The skills I refined and the new ones I picked up have taken me to the next level...I am looking forward to a lifetime of friendship and painting together."  Thank you, Tracy!

Painting at El Morro National Monument
(You'll notice the coat - yes, we had one cool morning)

Painting at the north end of the lake

We had great weather this week--warm sunshine and only one afternoon of our springtime winds, and for that, we headed to Zuni and indoors for a cultural talk by the chief archaeologist at the pueblo.  We also had lunch at the Village Bistro, which serves authentic Zuni cuisine.  I recommend it.

I thought I'd share a few paintings and some photos from our time together:

"North End of the Lake" 9x12 Oil
Available - $600, unframed

One of our sessions included experimenting with color palettes.  I'll post my results here, and in a future post, I'll talk about what the goal was.

"My Color Experiment" 12x16 Oil - NFS, for now
(More on this in a future post.)

Now I am off to Sedona, Arizona, to teach an all-level plein air painting workshop.  It looks like we'll have great weather there, too!