Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, October 21, 2019

Two Plein Air Paintings - Video Timelapse

When I was in Taos the other week, I took step-by-step photos of some of my plein air paintings.  I thought I'd share the images with you in a short video.  The video features two of the paintings, both of which are oil and painted on gessoed hardboard that had been toned with Gamblin's Transparent Earth Red.  For each of them, I generally blocked in the scene and then focused on the center of interest.  Finally, I took them to the studio and spent about 30 minutes finishing them.

Here is the video.  (Can't see it?  Here is the direct link: https://youtu.be/lY_OmdjI_WE)



And the two completed paintings:

"Rio Grande Quiet" 12x14 Oil

"They Too Passed Here" 11x14 Oil