Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, January 6, 2020

Join Me for Plein Air Painting in Sedona!



I can't believe it, but I still have a few spaces left in my April 7-10, 2020, plein air painting workshop in Sedona, Arizona. Why can't I believe it? Because every time I teach this workshop it usually fills quickly. And why? For two reasons:

First--and I will say it without modesty--I'm a great teacher. Students love my easy-going style. They also love how I share with them a logical, orderly (and stress-free!) way of taking the landscape and putting it down on paper or canvas. Also, unlike some teachers, I do not work on my painting while I should be helping people. I make a point of making my rounds frequently, talking to each student as much as they require, to give them the help they need. Finally, I welcome all levels of painter in the workshop. The only thing I ask is that you have some experience with your materials and have painted before.

Second, Sedona is a fabulous place to paint. Stunning red cliffs, amazing canyon vistas, graceful white sycamores and gnarled cottonwoods, the quiet waters of beautiful Oak Creek...I could go on, but trust me, as someone who has painted in some pretty spectacular places over the years, Sedona is right at the top. What's more, Sedona has a great deal to offer for the afternoons after our session has ended. You can go on a jeep tour, dine at a fine restaurant, shop for local arts and crafts or, if you're like me, take a long hike in one of the wilderness areas to relax and let your mind expand.

Sedona is only two hours from the Phoenix airport or one hour from the Flagstaff airport. There's lots of lodging available close to our meeting place in the studio. Sedona also has a Whole Foods, a Natural Grocer...what more could you want?

I have full details on this workshop here: http://paintthesouthwest.com/sched_reg.html

It's only $300. How can you say no?

And here's one more thing: I will give you an oil demonstration (unframed) from this workshop or a previous one, a $150 value. First come, first served!