Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, February 16, 2020

My Fifteenth Year as a Blogger

It was just drawn to my attention that 2020 marks my 15th year as a blogger!  As of this writing, I've written 1,624 posts.  If every post contained only 200 words--which is on the extremely conservative side--that is over 200,000 words.  My blog would make a good-sized book worthy of George R. R. Martin.

These posts chart my journey as a plein air painter.  If you've followed my blog for 15 years, you've seen my successes and failures.  You've hopefully learned a few things along the way, too.  If you're new to the blog, I encourage you to search the archives.  (If you're receiving this post via e-mail, you'll need to go to the actual blog site; the archives are in the right column under "Index of Blog Posts," but you can also view Topics.  You can even search the posts in the box in the top left corner of your screen.)  You'll find posts on the technical aspects of painting; on gear, equipment and materials; on my travels; and also on interesting painters I've met.  By the way, we all grow as painters, and as you read, please be aware that I may have changed my mind on some topics I wrote about years ago.

Oh, one more thing.  I never tried to "monetize" the blog.  Everything I offer is freely given.  But it would be nice if you'd take a workshop, buy a book or video, purchase a painting or at least leave a kind word.  One option for you is to support me via Patreon. (And if you have already done so, thank you!)

With that in mind, here are the All-Time Top Ten Blog Posts.  Don't ask me why these are the top ten; the internet rates things through an esoteric process that, like quantum physics, no one truly understands.