Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Changes in the Wind


"Templeton Trail" 9x12, pastel

It's been a great year, but after much thought, we've sold the gallery space at Creekside Plaza.  The new owner will take up residence in mid-October.  The summer artists, Neil Rizos and Joyce Huntington, will be leaving soon for other adventures. 



We'll still be in the Sedona area, however, and I'll be teaching advanced/mentoring workshops  as I have the last few years.  (I also offer a few weeks of traditional, all-level workshops.)  For information on the Paint Sedona program, visit www.paintsedona.com.  Weeks are starting to fill!  If you're looking for a winter getaway, Sedona is the perfect place.  There's plenty to do there for painter and non-painter alike - hiking, biking, massages, hot air balloon rides, Jeep tours and, of course, galleries to visit.

If you didn't have a chance to visit Pumphouse Studio Gallery and you're looking for my paintings, please visit Windrush Gallery (www.windrushgallery.net) in the Garland Building at 411 Highway 179, Sedona, just a block from Creekside Plaza.  They've got a great selection of my recent work.  You can also contact me for an appointment if you'd like to visit my home studio.

I'll be back in Sedona soon for the Sedona Plein Air Festival.  This will be my sixth year as an invited artist, and  I am looking forward to it once again.  The Festival runs October 21-29, 2011.  For a full schedule of events and a list of invited artists, visit www.sedonapleinairfestival.com.

Pumphouse Studio Gallery may return in another form some day - stay tuned!