Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sedona Plein Air Festival Wrap-Up and Pumphouse Studio Gallery




"One Way" 9x12, oil (Jerome, Arizona)

The Sedona Plein Air Festival has come to an end. The Friday Night Gala event was well-attended with a lot of excitement and energy. The Saturday Public Sale was a beautiful day, and I took the opportunity to set up my easel outside and do a little pastel painting. (There's nothing like a little free entertainment to draw in the crowds!) The wind got up, though, so I'm glad I did only a small piece. Here are some photos of the final events, including my section of the gallery. (In the photo with me, that's artist Stuart Shils in the shadows.) I had such a great time and a great painting week that I hope I'm invited again for next year.



Now that the Festival is done, I'm looking forward to fixing up the new workshop space for Paint Sedona (www.paintsedona.com). As you may recall, last year we bought a commercial space in Creekside Plaza (http://www.creeksideplaza-sedona.com/), across the road from the Tlaquepaque plaza, to hold my small workshops in. This week, Trina and I will be getting it ready for my first Paint Sedona workshop, which starts in a couple of weeks. I'll also be doing monthly demonstrations in the space, which is called Pumphouse Studio Gallery (www.pumphousestudiogallery.com). I'll write more about this in the near future.