Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kickstarter Update: Final Batch of Paintings Posted - and a Workshop in Acadia National Park

Duck Pond Fog, 6x6

I'm done!  Or at least the painting part of this project is done.  I still have to frame for the exhibition and hang the work, then create the book of fifty paintings, plus a calendar and notecards.  I'll be framing over the next few weeks with a goal of hanging the show the morning of July 19.  The other items I will work on as I have time this summer, with the goal of getting all that done before I leave for the Grand Canyon painting event in early September.

So how's it feel, being done? you may ask.  I really have enjoyed sitting at my easel and working each day on this project.  These little paintings have been a lot of fun to do.  Plus, I think I've made some discoveries about paint application that will serve as grist for my blog mill.  (Stay tuned for posts on that!)  But it's hard to stop.  I'm going to wind down slowly by painting a few more of these.

You can see all the work at http://www.michaelchesleyjohnson.com/html/50450.html.  And, of course, at the exhibit at the Roosevelt Campobello International Park's new restaurant, The Fireside.  The dates are July 19, through August 16.  I'll be giving a free plein air painting demonstration outside the restaurant (weather permitting) on Sunday, July 20, from 2-3 pm Atlantic Time.

Painting in Southwest Harbor

By the way, I still have space in my workshop on Mount Desert Island at Acadia Workshop Center in Maine this fall.  I've been teaching this plein air workshop since 2005, so I consider myself an expert of sorts on locations.  I'd love to share my knowledge and my special spots with you.  The workshop, based in Bernard on the "Quiet Side" of MDI, runs September 29-October 2.  This is my favorite time of year there.  The summer crowds have gone, the fall weather is typically crisp and dry, and if we have an early foliage season, the color can be spectacular!  For this workshop, the AWC owner is offering specially-priced lodging at her Bass Harbor house, just down the road and across from the ferry landing there.  For details and to register, see http://www.acadiaworkshopcenter.com/MCJohnson.html  I  hope to see you there!