Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to the New Year! And Some Upcoming Events.

Happy New Year!  May you all live long and prosper!

I'd like your input on my latest project.  I'm in the process of redesigning my website.  I'd love for you to take a look.  The site has a built-in shopping cart and it also is "responsive" -- that is, it adjusts automatically so it will look good on your desktop computer, tablet or smartphone.  (Although why anyone would want to look at art on a phone is beyond me.)  To visit the site, click here.  Let me know what you think!  Please keep in mind it's a work-in-progress, but you'll be able to poke around and get a good idea of where it's going.




There are two events coming next weekend I want to make you aware of.  First, as part of Goldenstein Gallery's Artist-in-Residence program, I'll be painting at the L'Auberge de Sedona resort Saturday, January 7th, from 11-1 or so.  Weather permitting, I'll be down by the creek, right off the deck of the Cress on Oak Creek restaurant.  The food and the view are without peer, so I hope you'll join me.

Second, I'll be giving a demonstration for the Arizona Pastel Artists Association on Sunday, January 8th, from 1-3.  I'll demonstrate my method for painting the red rocks of Sedona in pastel.  What's more, I'll give tips on the best time of day to paint, what to look for with lighting and plane changes, and how to resurrect a drawing gone bad.  Guests are welcome!  Follow the link above for full details.

While we're talking about the APAA, I would like to mention that they are now taking submissions for their very first national open exhibition.  Noted pastel artists Lorenzo Chavez and Terri Ford will be the jurors of entry; judge of awards will be Kim Lordier.   The exhibition will run April 13-25, 2017, and will be held at the Sedona Arts Center in Sedona.  Follow this link for the prospectus.