Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Upcoming Plein Air Painting Workshop at Acadia Workshop Center, Bernard, Maine


Many people travel to Acadia National Park on Mount Desert Island in the summer.  This summer will probably see record numbers.  But there's a little-known, quiet side to the island, and that's where I love to teach my plein air painting workshop.

Bernard, Maine, is home to the Acadia Workshop Center, where I have been teaching almost every year since 2005.  I love this place, because it's a great facility for when we need to be indoors, and it's very close to some very beautiful (and quiet!) spots on the island.  When I teach there, it's always a special week for me.  We paint boats and harbor scenes, quiet marshes and crashing waves on the seawall.  Plus, one of the highlights is lunch or dinner at famous Thurston's Lobster Pound.  I can't wait to go again this year.

This year's dates are August 21-24, 2018.  For details and to register, please visit the Acadia Workshop Center site here: http://www.acadiaworkshopcenter.com/MCJohnson.html.  I hope you'll join us.

(By the way, if the dates for this workshop don't work for you, I do have a few spots left in my Lubec, Maine, plein air painting workshops.  Please check out www.PleinAirPaintingMaine.com for details.)