Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Scotland-Bound!

No, this isn't the Canadian Maritimes -- it is the coast of Scotland.

Today, Trina and I leave for Scotland!  A short hop from Halifax, Nova Scotia, where we will meet up with our painting friend, Lyn Asselta, takes us to Glasgow, where we'll enjoy some time with museums, and thence via train to Mallaig to board a ferry for the Isle of Skye.  Once on Skye, we'll make our way to our painting retreat on the shore of Loch Portree.  From there, we'll join other artists for several days of painting.

We're all very excited by this retreat, but I don't know how much time I'll have to blog.  (Of course, if we have lots of rainy days, I will be blogging more!)  Another way to follow me will be on Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/mchesleyjohnson/  and my studio page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mchesleyjohnsonstudio I will, of course, issue a full report in my blog upon my return.

After the retreat, Trina and I will head to the very northern tip of Scotland and to the Orkney Islands.  You still have an opportunity to support me on this last leg.  For only $200, you can get a 6x8 oil painting of Scotland, framed and shipped, with the money helping me with the travels.  For details, please see this blog post.

For now, I leave you with some photos from my last trip.  A different part of Scotland, to be sure, but at least it will put you in the mood.

Oh, and I'll mention again that I still have some space in my summer Maine plein air painting workshops, including one I'm teaching near Acadia National Park.  For details:  www.pleinairpaintingmaine.com