Outdoor Study-to-Studio Painting Workshop: Dakota Pastels, Mount Vernon, WA, May 1-4, 2019
on
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I'm excited about an upcoming trip to the Pacific Northwest to teach for Dakota Pastels this May. Only a few minutes from Mount Vernon and the historic village of La Conner, Dakota is located in the scenic Skagit Valley, where we'll have plenty of subjects to choose from. I'm told we might even still be in tulip season!
In this outdoor study-to-studio workshop, we'll first venture into the landscape, where I'll show you the best way to gather reference material in the way of color sketches and photos. Then, we'll head for the studio, where we'll explore value designs and color schemes based on this material. Finally, we'll put it all together to create stunning, finished paintings.
Dakota has spacious classrooms and art materials on-site at the retail store. The largest selection of pastels in the world is in the adjacent warehouse and is open to workshop attendees. Students will receive a generous 10% discount on materials (during the workshop only and while you're there) so I suggest you purchase your materials through Dakota at www.DakotaPastels.com.
By the way, although the workshop is being hosted by Dakota Pastels, the workshop is also open to oil painters. I will be working in both media, so no one will be left out!