Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Plein Air Live -- and the Plein Air Convention and Expo

View in browser

Come to the Auction at Plein Air Live


You might remember last year about this time I taught at Plein Air Live, the online plein air painting convention.  Although I won't be teaching at PAL this year, I have been asked to put some work in the auction.  I have five pieces in it, and you can see (and bid on!) them at this link. The graphic above shows the paintings, but you can see bigger images at the site.

For some time now Eric Rhoads (publisher of PleinAir magazine) has been running a series of live interviews with artists, which he calls Art School Live.  In the interviews, artists give a short demo.  Eric will be interviewing me on Monday, March 28th, at noon Eastern Time.  (This will be my second interview and demo with him.) My topic:  "Trees are People, Too: How to Paint a Realistic Tree." You can see the playlist of past interviews here.

Eric Rhoads and me at the last PACE

By the way, it looks like the Plein Air Convention & Expo is a "go" this year!  You might remember that I was to be on the faculty back in 2020...then again in 2021...but of course, each of those years PACE was cancelled because of the pandemic.  I don't have a schedule yet, but I will definitely be in Santa Fe and demonstrating.  Registration is still open for the convention, and you can get all the details here:  www.PleinAirConvention.com I hope to see you there!