Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, October 15, 2022

Prescott Plein Air Festival: Almost Done

View in browser

It's been a fun few days, painting here in Prescott, Arizona, for the Prescott Plein Air Festival.  We've had beautiful, sunny fall weather...until today!  Although I got a good painting in this morning, as I write, it's raining heavily and thundering ponderously.  So, since I can't paint, I'm spending the afternoon framing and getting ready for tomorrow's final event, which is the meet-and-greet and sale.  (Full details are here:  https://highlandscenter.org/prescott-plein-air/)

With that in mind, I thought I'd share my paintings, below.  Wish me good luck tomorrow!


"Along Granite Creek" / 9x12 oil

"Fall Colors " / 12x9 oil

"Below the Dam" / 12x16 oil

"Willow Lake Hills" / 12x16 oil

"Uplifting Granite Dells" / 16x12 oil

As a bonus, here are a few random photos of me painting in the field.  You'll note that in one of them, I'm holding an umbrella.  That was this morning, when the first drops began to fall.