Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, November 20, 2022

G*ft Ideas for the Plein Air Painter

View in browser



(I have used the asterisk in the title, hoping that the title will bypass your spam filter).

Looking for a little something for your favorite plein air painter – or perhaps yourself?  Here are a few ideas!

Plein Air Painting Workshop in Santa Fe, New Mexico

My first workshop of the season in 2023 will be in everybody's favorite art destination, Santa Fe, New Mexico.  It'll be hosted by Bluebird Studios, and they are offering a 10% discount if you sign up before December 31.  Use the discount code "BLUEBIRD10" when you sign up for the workshop here:  https://www.bluebirdstudiosantafe.com/beautiful-landscape-painting-outdoors-with-michael-chesley-johnson

I was very excited when they contacted me about teaching a workshop because they've got a good thing going.  Located just seven miles from the historic Santa Fe Plaza, the studio is tucked into the southern edge of the Sangre de Cristo mountains on a sheltered 9-acre horse ranch of rolling hills and arroyos dotted with piƱion, juniper, chamisa and sagebrush just off the Old Santa Fe Trail.  You'll be treated well at the ranch with a complimentary breakfast each morning, beverages during the day to keep you hydrated (very important!) plus, if you desire, a catered lunch for $15/day extra.  As for the workshop, I've designed it for both experienced beginners and advanced painters, and I will show you everything I know about "capturing the moment" in this beautiful high desert landscape.  I am so looking forward to this, and I hope you'll join me.

My New Book

You've already heard about my new book – Beautiful Landscape Painting Outdoors: Mastering Plein Air – but I want to remind you that it'd make a great present for your favorite painter.  It covers every aspect of outdoor painting, from soup to nuts, and even the expert will learn from it.  You can get it from either Amazon or Barnes & Noble.  Plus, if you bring it to my Santa Fe workshop in May, I'll sign it for you!

Here are the links:

Holiday Studio Sale

It's time my holiday sale!  Until December 24th, you can get 50% off my Southwest paintings.  (I'll be having a similar sale this summer on my Maritime paintings.) This year, rather than order off the website, once you find a painting you like, send me an e-mail, and then we can arrange payment either through Zelle, PayPal or check.  I will include free USPS Priority Mail shipping for paintings shipped in the lower 48 states!  You can see the selections here:  https://www.mchesleyjohnson.com/southwest-paintings/

2023 Calendar

And finally, I've put together a calendar for the upcoming year.  I've picked my favorite paintings from 2022.  You can get the calendar ($13.49 + shipping) here:  https://www.lulu.com/shop/michael-chesley-johnson/2023-michael-chesley-johnson-calendar/paperback/product-6pyr4k.html?page=1&pageSize=4