Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Upcoming: Plein Air Painting Workshop in Santa Fe, New Mexico

View in browser

Springtime is Lilac Time in Santa Fe!

Before you get too far into this post, I want you to scroll down to see the pictures.  I've seen a lot of beauty in Santa Fe over the years, and the photos show only a small sample of it.

Why am I showing you this?  Because next May (May 6-9, Sat-Tue, 2023) I'll be teaching a plein air painting workshop in Santa Fe through Bluebird Studios.  I was very excited when they contacted me about teaching because they've got a good thing going.  Located just seven miles from the historic Santa Fe Plaza, the studio is tucked into the southern edge of the Sangre de Cristo mountains on a sheltered 9-acre horse ranch of rolling hills and arroyos dotted with piƱion, juniper, chamisa and sagebrush just off the Old Santa Fe Trail.  Although there'll be plenty to paint at the ranch, this "base camp" offers a departure point for many inspiring painting spots around the city.

Bluebird Studios

Our Studio Space

You'll be treated well at the ranch with a complimentary breakfast each morning, beverages during the day to keep you hydrated (very important!) plus, if you desire, a catered lunch for $15/day extra.  As for the workshop, I've designed it for both experienced beginners and advanced painters, and I will show you everything I know about "capturing the moment" in this beautiful high desert landscape.  Besides painting, I expect we'll have some "cultural enrichment" activities, since galleries and museums abound.  Plus, my good friend and master painter Albert Handell has extended an invitation to visit his studio—an opportunity not to be missed.

I am so looking forward to this, and I hope you'll join me.  Bluebird Studios is offering a 10% discount if you sign up before December 31.  Use the discount code "BLUEBIRD10" when you sign up for the workshop here:  https://www.bluebirdstudiosantafe.com/beautiful-landscape-painting-outdoors-with-michael-chesley-johnson

Lilacs and Adobe Walls

Things You Find

Painting Old Adobes

Santa Fe is Famous for Blue Doors

Painting on the Street

Painting Aspens at the Ski Area

Painting at El Rancho de las Golondrinas

Mountain Stream

A Quiet Spot

Springtime Buds

In Town

At the Ski Area

Albert Handell in his Studio