Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Plein Air Painting Workshop Report: Lubec, Maine

View in browser

**Authentically Human! Not Written by AI**

Life doesn't get better than this!

After six very unusual weeks of rain and fog, we finally had several days of more seasonable and truly sunny weather—all just in time for a plein air painting workshop!  Six students from North Carolina, Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine painted in some spectacular locations along our beautiful rugged coast.  I wanted to share a few photos from the week and also some of my demonstrations.

I've already scheduled my week for next year:  July 29-August 1, 2024.  If you'd like to join me, don't delay, as this workshop fills up fast!  And I'm only teaching a couple of these popular workshops each year these days.  You can find more details about it here:  https://www.mchesleyjohnson.com/workshops-maine/

(By the way, if you're a more experienced painter and would like to join me in a painting retreat, the dates for next year are August 5-9, 2024.  Learn more here: https://www.mchesleyjohnson.com/workshop-retreats/ )

Oh, and here's a short video I shot while out with the group:


Here are some pictures:





And now some demonstrations:

Drowned Coast, 8x10 Oil $300 /contact me

Headland, 8x10 Oil $300 /contact me

Morning Light, 8x10 Oil $300 /contact me

Rock Study, 5x8 Gouache, NFS