Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Plane Tickets: Check!

View in browser

**Authentically Human! Not Written by AI**

Skye Sheep / 6x8 Oil
One of my "gift" paintings for supporters.
We met this little Blackface sheep on the Isle of Skye

Our trip to Scotland is getting closer to reality--we recently bought our plane tickets!  As I write, we are poring over a map and studying ScotRail routes to determine exactly where we might spend our four weeks.  (By the way, I'm finding Google Maps to be very helpful; give it a destination, and it will give me the different ScotRail routes and times to get there.)  Our next step it to start making lodging reservations. Excited? Yes!

As I've mentioned before, I'd love your support.  My goal for this trip is to gather scads of reference material--color studies in gouache, pencil sketches and photos--for a series of studio paintings plus a book.  How can you support me?  There are two ways:

1. You can pre-buy a 6x8 oil painting of Scotland.  I've offered this for past trips, and the feedback has been wonderful.  After I return from my trip, I'll embark on creating a series of these small paintings, and for $300, you can have your pick of them.  They will be nicely framed, and I will ship them for free to the continental US.  (For elsewhere, I'll charge you actual shipping.)

2.  You can pre-buy my new book (signed!) AND get a 6x8 painting of Scotland.  Same deal as above with the paintings, but the book will be shipped separately and a bit later, as I need to not just make paintings for it but also write it and get it printed.  The book will be similar to my past Through a Painter's Brush books, filled with beautiful images of Scotland and essays on my travels.  You can have both of these, the painting and the book, for only $335. 

Here's a draft cover of the new book

 Although I've set up a Patreon page where you can make monthly payments (price is as bit higher because Patreon charges me 5%), you are also welcome to pay the full amount up-front (without the Patreon fee!) For Patreon, go here, and to send me a full payment via Zelle, Paypal or personal check, email me and I will tell you how to do it.

Below I've included images of some of the past 6x8 paintings of Scotland I've made.  I'm looking forward to this project, and I hope you'll join me in the journey.