Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, June 15, 2009

Ann Templeton Mentoring Workshop


"Mora Church" pastel by Ann Templeton

In my blog, I usually like to blow my own horn, but I want to talk a moment about Ann Templeton. I've known her for 8 years, and she's become not only my mentor but a dear friend.



Primarily a plein air painter working in both oil and pastel, Ann developed techniques in her 30+ years of painting to capture the landscape quickly and to interpret it with her unique vision of color and design. She's studied under such masters as William F. Reese, Dick Turner and Walt Gonske. For many years, she ran her own art school in Houston and, today, she's a very popular teacher, travelling all across the U.S. and abroad. In the past few years, she's taught and painted in such far-flung places as Argentina, England and Italy. I find it hard to keep up with her travels!

I am proud this summer to have her teach an intense, mentoring workshop for me July 6-10. We'll be painting around Lubec, Maine. I'll be acting as tour guide and location scout, and we'll go to some of my favorite spots.

This workshop, which is for advanced to professional students, has a few spots left. If you're interested, please visit www.anntempleton2009.com for details or contact me directly (mcj.painter@gmail.com). It's a great opportunity to work with a wonderful teacher in a beautiful place.