Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Plein Air Painting Maine Workshops Resume!

Check out the clothes -- it's not hot here!

My new season of plein air painting workshops in Downeast Maine started up yesterday.  This week, we have my usual small group (which is by choice, as it minimizes impact on the landscape and allows me to spend more time with participants) with students from Massachusetts, Florida, Nova Scotia, New York and Maine.  It's always a pleasure to teach people from away, as they often come from interesting places and are new to the Downeast environment.  I love sharing this world with them.

My demonstration in an early state

Yesterday, while much of the country was blistering under 90-degree-plus heat, we enjoyed a cool 58 degrees!  Because of the fog, the locals called it a "soft morning," and we welcomed it.  We painted down by the historic McCurdy fish houses on Water Street, where the fog was come-and-go.

If you are looking for an escape from the heat where you live, you should know I still have space in some of my workshops here:

July 10-13, 2018- all level workshop in Lubec, Maine - sign up
August 7-10, 2018- all level workshop in Lubec, Maine - sign up
August 21-24, 2018 - Workshop at Acadia Workshop Center in Bernard, Maine - Details and registration here
August 28-31, 2018 - Advanced workshop for painters with outdoor experience in Lubec, Maine - sign up

I hope you'll join us!
You'll get lots of attention in my
Maine workshops