Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Through a Painter's Brush: A Year on Campobello Island

I'm proud to announce that my new book, Through a Painter's Brush: A Year on Campobello Island, is in print at last. As many of you know, I've spent the last year painting all over this Canadian island and across the border in neighboring Lubec, Maine. My book is a compilation of the paintings and of my observations on the painting process as they relate to this grand adventure.

I wanted to write a book that offered useful advice without ending up as just one more art instruction book. I also wanted a book that offered a bounty of paintings for the collector's eye without ending up as just one more "coffee table" book with very little textual reference. So, I've created this book to please both student and collector.

Through a Painter's Brush has 144 pages filled with over 100 images -- 75 paintings of maritime scenery complete with detail shots and illustrative photos, two demonstrations in oil and pastel, and, of course, my meditations on plein air painting.

The book is available currently in softcover and also as a download, both from lulu.com.

Price of the softcover is $30 and the download, $20. To purchase the book, please visit the following link:

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=788542

You can also see a preview of the book at:

www.michaelchesleyjohnson.com/html/book.htm

I look forward to hearing how you like it!

Michael

mcj.painter@gmail.com
www.MichaelChesleyJohnson.com