Saturday, November 8, 2008

More Drizzle

I really can't complain about living in the "grey zone" here in the Canadian Maritimes. This extended period of fog, drizzle and rain does me a favour. The grey overcast saturates the colours, pouring rich color throughout the landscape.

I went out this afternoon - again, between bouts of rain - and got caught. Not as much drizzle as yesterday, but enough that I could see it building up on the paint surface. I tipped my easel forward to keep any more rain off the panel so I wouldn't have to fight with the water.

"More Drizzle, November"
5x7, oil, en plein air


Reminder: The Holiday Sale runs through November 24. If you missed the post, please click here. Also, my new book is out, and you can click here for that post.

No comments:

More Art & Painting Blogs | (List Culled Periodically of Non-Posters!)