Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pastel Companion DVD Now Available

I'm proud to announce that the first of two companion DVDs to my book in now available. Backpacker Painting: Pastel on Location takes you to the red hills of Sedona, Arizona, where I show you how I paint the landscape en plein air using the medium of pastel. You'll see how I abstract the scene and "build" the painting using simple shapes. Along the way, I explain my approach to handling value, design and color - all so you yourself can use the same techniques in creating beautiful paintings on location.

Pastel on Location is 49 minutes long and includes two bonus segments totalling 8 minutes.

The DVD is available for purchase on my website via PayPal for $40 (USD) + $5 shipping (to US and Canada).

You can also see a one-minute preview on YouTube.


By the way, the Argosy Gallery in Bar Harbor, Maine, has invited me to be one of 30 nationally-recognized artists to participate in the 2nd Acadian Invitational Exhibition. The Exhibition will open August 7, 2010, with a gala reception at the Bar Harbor Inn. For more on the Argosy Gallery, visit www.argosygallery.com. The first exhibition, which was in 2006, had such luminaries as Charles Movalli, Kathleen Dunphy, Don Stone, Elizabeth Tolley, Ron Johnson and W. Jason Situ. I don't know who's on the list this year, but I'm really looking forward to the event!