Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Revisiting a Scene

Sometimes it's worth revisiting a place you've painted. You can continue to explore the scene's color and composition possibilities and become even more familiar with it. In a sense, rather than skating across the surface of a particular landscape, you begin to dive deeper into what it is that makes it unique.

I've been revisiting some boats I've painted. I like boats, and I'm having a lot of fun painting them. But perhaps more important, I can't keep my boat paintings on the wall! They keep selling.

Here's the "Simone & Rachel" - again. Different time of day, different tide, different light. And I enjoyed painting it the second time just as much as I did the first.

"Simone & Rachel II" 12x16, oil/canvas - sold