Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Another Paint Sedona Season Ends

Spring Sycamores, 9x12, oil

My final Paint Sedona workshop of the season ended yesterday.  We painted down by Oak Creek, and I did a demonstration of one of the lovely Arizona Sycamores that tower over the water.  I always enjoy painting the sycamores.  They are a drawing challenge, but the experience of capturing their sinuous lines can be very satisfying.  And, of course, sunlight on the white bark against a blue sky always makes the heart skip!

The end of my Sedona workshops is always a little sad, because we have such good times out in the field.  I've put a few photos down below that show some of the places we painted.  We painted in snow, ventured out in a Jeep, and painted red rocks, sycamore trees, and water.   I'm already taking sign-ups for my next season.   Visit www.PaintSedona.com for full details.

But we're not done with the Southwest yet.  This week I'm teaching a plein air workshop for the Sedona Arts Center (there are a few spaces left), and then it's off to Vegas for the Plein Air Convention and Expo.  After that, we'll head to Zion National Park in Utah for a painting retreat.  Finally, we'll come home to pack for the trip east.