Saturday, April 7, 2012

Another Paint Sedona Season Ends

Spring Sycamores, 9x12, oil

My final Paint Sedona workshop of the season ended yesterday.  We painted down by Oak Creek, and I did a demonstration of one of the lovely Arizona Sycamores that tower over the water.  I always enjoy painting the sycamores.  They are a drawing challenge, but the experience of capturing their sinuous lines can be very satisfying.  And, of course, sunlight on the white bark against a blue sky always makes the heart skip!

The end of my Sedona workshops is always a little sad, because we have such good times out in the field.  I've put a few photos down below that show some of the places we painted.  We painted in snow, ventured out in a Jeep, and painted red rocks, sycamore trees, and water.   I'm already taking sign-ups for my next season.   Visit www.PaintSedona.com for full details.

But we're not done with the Southwest yet.  This week I'm teaching a plein air workshop for the Sedona Arts Center (there are a few spaces left), and then it's off to Vegas for the Plein Air Convention and Expo.  After that, we'll head to Zion National Park in Utah for a painting retreat.  Finally, we'll come home to pack for the trip east.








No comments: