Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Final Exhibition Day for "Buildings in the Landscape"



UPDATE:  Well, that's a wrap!  The show came down today.  Come to Friar's Bay Studio Gallery to see more of my work this summer.

I'm in St Andrews-by-the-Sea, New Brunswick, this week, teaching "Plein Air Sketch to Studio."  We're having beautiful weather - plenty of sunsine, a few puffy clouds, and warm temperatures.  Out in the field, we're busy collecting reference material in the way of pencil sketches, photographs and color sketches.  Once we're done, we'll head for the studio to create finished works.

Last night, I gave the "Tuesday Talk" at Sunbury Shores Art & Nature Centre.  In addition to talking about the paintings in my one-man show, I also gave a short oil demonstration.  We had an inquisitive and enthusiastic audience.  No question was left unasked!  Which is just the way I like it.

If you're in St Andrews, today is the last day of my one-man show at Sunbury Shores at 139 Water Street.  You can still see many of my "Buildings in the Landscape" pieces.  This may be the very last time all of these paintings will hang together in one spot.  If you're looking for a painting to take home, this is an opportunity to view them in person.