Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Pastels Girault "Michael Chesley Johnson Plein Air Set"

Michael Chesley Johnson Plein Air Set
from Pastels Girault and Pastels Etc.

Over the past few months, I've been working on assembling a set of pastels.  Although I have a Heilman Designs "Backpack" box that holds all the pastels I need when traveling by car in the US and Canada, I needed a smaller sketching kit for overseas trips.  I've always liked Pastels Girault, so with the help of Michele Aplin at Pastels Etc., the exclusive distributor for Girault, I have put together the "Michael Chesley Johnson Plein Air Set."

This set of 50 pastels contains the six color families, and each family has a good value range plus a selection of warms and cools.  I've also added white and a mid-grey, since I think it's important to have these for slight value adjustments.  By the way, one property of Pastels Girault that distinguishes them from most other brands is that, although they are soft pastels, they are hard enough to serve as a blending tool.  If I want to mute a color, I can easily use a Girault pastel of a complementary color to "feather over" and mute colors.

This set is available directly from Michele Aplin at Pastels Etc. for US $200, which includes shipping in the US only.  This special price is only available for a limited time!  Contact Michele at michele@giraultpastels.com or 310-640-8388.

I am looking forward to my trip to Scotland this summer with them!

The full set of 50 Michael Chesley Johnson Plein Air Set
from Pastels Girault and Pastels Etc.