Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Announcing a New Season for the Private Painting Intensive

"Autumn Splendor" 20x28 Pastel
For the Private Painting Intensive, we'll be painting in places like this.

After nearly 2800 miles, Trina, Raku and I are back home in New Mexico.  Unlike most of our cross-country trips, on this one I taught no workshops, and we headed west more or less directly.  (We did stop in the artsy town of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, for a day to catch our breath.)  One of the reasons we came straight here was so I could get the studio ready for the next season of my Private Painting Intensives.  I'm excited to share my time and knowledge with a few experienced painters who are serious about improving their craft.

If you haven't heard about the program, the idea is simple.  You live in our house, take your meals with us, and you and I work side-by-side in the field and in the studio.  The program is entirely customized to your needs, based on a questionnaire and some recent paintings of yours; I draft a proposal, and with your approval, we proceed.  The cost for the program is only USD $1400, which includes six nights' lodging plus all meals.  (I offer a tuition-only version for $700.)  I also give you three months of followup if you have questions or need critiques.  For this exclusive program, I take only one student at a time, and I have scheduled only a few weeks.  You can find out more about the program and see the schedule at www.PaintTheSouthwest.com/sched_int.html and www.PaintTheSouthwest.com/faqs_int.htm.

Here a few photos from previous sessions. (You can see more photos and read about some of the previous weeks here.)

We paint a lot.

Sometimes, Trina leads a hike!  (By request.  It's not required.)

We usually have a picnic lunch at least once.

We paint even more.
And if the participant is up for it,
we may go to the Zuni pueblo
for a cultural tour with an archaeologist.

By the way, I still have room in the following all-level workshops.  If the Private Painting Intensive isn't for you, I'd love to work with you in Sedona or at Grand Canyon National Park!

October 23-26, 2019:  Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona – ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT - Details at https://www.grandcanyon.org/photography-art-yoga/plein-air-painting/

November 5-8, 2019:  Sedona, Arizona – Details at http://www.paintsedona.com/sched_reg.html and http://www.paintsedona.com/faqs_reg.htm