- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
![]() |
| Spring Greens at the Seaside Barn, 6x8, oil |
Although blackflies aren't a problem when I start teaching my workshops at the end of June, we always have a run of them in late May. I came across "Bye Bye Blackfly," a DEET-free ointment that comes in a nifty can. We do have blackflies now, and I can swear that this product works.
I've always used those free plastic bags from Wal-Mart for disposing of my soiled papertowels. I hang one from the side of my pochade box. But one problem with these bags, in addition to their being bad for the environment, is that a windy day will often send it whipping around, often right into my palette. Paint gets everywhere. I now have the Bajer Pop Open Caddy, thanks to a student of mine from Ohio. Originally designed as a shower caddy, it's perfect for trash. I have to admit I do line it with a plastic bag.
![]() |
| Besides the Pop Open Caddy, you'll note the Art Cocoon, which I have written about before. |
At the top of this post is the little piece I did this morning. With all these new toys, you can bet I had fun painting it!



