Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Painting Retreat Opening - Lubec, Maine, August 11-16, 2019

"Ebb Tide" 8x10 Pastel
Plein air view of Lubec, Maine

Sometimes it happens.  People cancel out of workshops and retreats.  When someone expresses interest in a workshop or retreat that is filled, I always ask if they'd like to be on the waiting list.  I encourage them to answer "yes."   After all, you never know -- sometimes a health issue crops up, or there's a death in the family, or some other unexpected detour appears.

And it's happened now for my painting retreat for experienced painters in Lubec, Maine, August 11-16.  I do have someone interested in this open spot, and I will know for sure in 24 hours.  But even if she takes the spot, it's possible another will open.  If you have any interest, please contact me.  I will let you know as soon as the opening is confirmed and keep you on the list in case there is another.

Details on the retreat are here (dates are for 2020, but the information is basically the same for this year) on my web site.

I've written about Lubec, Maine, and neighboring Campobello Island, New Brunswick, a great deal over the years.  But if you are new to my blog, let me tell you that you won't find anywhere more special for ocean scenery.  You'll discover bold cliffs, historic fishing villages, boats and lighthouses, and beaches that are mostly empty even at the height of the summer season.  If that doesn't tempt you, perhaps the prospect of FRESH LOBSTSER will!