Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Encounter: Interview with Kim Lordier

View in browser

Watch the interview here


As part of my ongoing series of interviews with artists who participated in my new book,  I recently interviewed California artist and pastel painter Kim Lordier.  Kim holds top designations in several organizations, including Signature Memberships in the California Art Club, the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association and the Pastel Society of America, as well as Distinguished Pastelist in the Pastel Society of the West Coast.  Her award-winning paintings have been shown  in many major exhibitions such as the Coors Western Art Show, and they have been published in magazines and books.  Kim also teaches workshops across the US.  (Visit www.KimFancherLordier.com for more.)

I first met Kim years ago at my first IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) convention in Santa Fe.  I hope to see her again in person this May, again in Santa Fe, at the Plein Air Convention and Expo.  We are both on the faculty. I'm very pleased that Kim agreed to be in my book and to sitting for the interview.  Thank you, Kim!




You can watch all the interviews on this playlist

In case you haven't heard about my book, it features 15 master artists who share their tips and techniques for plein air painting.  This 160-page book is packed with demonstrations, illustrations and, of course, beautiful paintings.  The book, which will come out March 2022, is available for pre-order from both Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  You can get details at the following links: