Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Report: Lake Paintout with Plein Air Painters of New Mexico

View in browser

**Authentically Human! Not Written by AI**

Here's my painting from the paintout:
The Delicateness of Autumn, 8x10 Oil - Available

As the Western Coordinator for Plein Air Painters of New Mexico, I have the pleasure of hosting a couple of paintouts in my part of the state each year.  In the fall, I host one at the lake in my neighborhood.  This year, six members attended—a good number, actually, considering how far the lake is from Albuquerque and Santa Fe, where the bulk of the members seem to live.  Rather than do the drive all in one day, about half of them camped overnight nearby at a local campground.

This year, we hit the fall color at peak, and I think everyone enjoyed the day.  And, since my studio is close by, I invited members to visit at the end.

By the way, as you read this, I am in Sedona, Arizona, catching the end of the Sedona Plein Air Festival after teaching my workshop for Art Fest in Mesa.  I participated as an Invited Artist at SPAF many times, and it is good to see my colleagues having a fun and productive time!

Here are some photos to show you the glorious color at the lake: