Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Studio Tour, Day 2

Today was the second day of the two-day studio tour, "Two Countries, One Bay." (See www.twocountriesart.com for details.) As yesterday, I entertained the crowds with a pastel painting done en atelier. Although the weather was much calmer, the morning had a chilly start to it, and I decided I'd rather have my coffee and a warm space to paint in. I worked on the following piece periodically throughout the day in my studio. I rarely work 8+ hours on a piece in one session, so it was rewarding to take my time with this small one!

"Autumn River" 8x10, pastel/panel

Later this week, Trina and I close up the gallery and head off to New Hampshire and Vermont. I'll be teaching first for New Hampshire Plein Air in Goffstown, followed by an autumn foliage adventure in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. We lived in the Northeast Kingdom for awhile, so we'll be revisiting some old haunts. I am particularly looking forward to painting the sugar maples and sugar shacks. Both plein air workshops are full, so I'll be pleasantly busy!