Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Mount Desert Island Plein Air Painting Workshop Wrap-up

Sunrise in Bernard, Maine

I just returned from a fabulous week of painting on Mount Desert Island, home to Acadia National Park.  I've taught a workshop for Acadia Workshop Center in Bernard, Maine, almost every year since 2005, so I have many favorite places to take students.  Our plein air painting workshop this week saw us on the "quiet side" of MDI, away from the August tourists.  I thought I'd share some photos and paintings from the week.

By the way, I have just one more week of teaching in Lubec.  (If you're interested in signing up for the August 28th plein air painting workshop, which is for advanced painters, let me know right away!  Details at www.PleinAirPaintingMaine.com.)  After that, I head off to Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona for the Celebration of Art, an invitational event.  I'm always excited about that event -- I have many old friends to see again, many new friends to make, and many, many spectacular vistas to paint.  Stay tuned for my blog report!

Beach Rocks 5x9 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson - Available - $200

Beach Trees 5x9 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson - Available - $200

Crescent Beach 5x9 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson - Available - $200

Late  August in Maine 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson - Available - $300

Rising Tide 9x12 oil by Michael Chesley Johnson - Available - $300

The Wharf that Was 9x12 pastel by Michael Chesley Johnson - Available - $200