Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, April 13, 2020

How Can I Help?

We can't get this close for a workshop, but you don't
need to let your education stop.

Plein air workshops cancelled, painting conventions rescheduled—you know the story.  But you do want to continue your art education.  Well, maybe I can help.

There are several ways in which I can boost your skill set during these times.  First, there's Patreon.  One of the “tiers” in my Patreon plan includes a monthly critique of three paintings.  I will look at your paintings and run them through what I call my “Photoshop mill” to make them better, and then I will email a critique explaining the changes.  What's more, you get a 40-minute Zoom session in which you can ask me questions directly.   Go here to find out more about my Patreon tiers.

If you're content to study on your own, consider my Udemy courses.  These self-study, self-paced courses consist of both video and texts.  I offer a Plein Air Essentials course that covers the basics, plus others as supplements to that for pastel and oil.  There's also an Outdoor-Study-to-Studio course.  You don't have to pay full price for these, as I am offering discounts on the courses.  Go here to find out more about my Udemy courses.

Another option are my books.  I have several, some that cover the basics (complete with demonstrations) as well as outdoor-study-to-studio, and  location-specific books that are a bit lighter (but still packed with good information) about painting in Downeast Maine, the Canadian Maritimes and the American Southwest.  These are all available through Amazon.  Go here to find out more about my books.

Are you more of a watcher than a reader?  I have several videos that you can purchase through Artist's Network.  These are full-length, professionally-produced videos that cover both oil and pastel.  One is plein air (pastel), and the other two are oil demonstrations in the studio. You can download them or stream them.  Go here to find out more about my Artist's Network videos.

Those are my offerings for now.  You can still sign up for my workshops, starting with  July and August in Maine, but in the meantime, if you're hungry for knowledge, know that I can still help you.